Blood and Thunder is a blog periodically written by Ivan Deluca about his interests and hobbies.

A blog about Games and the internet in general; now with less updates

Monday, September 7

Posted by Ivan

Nordic Mythology Articles

By looking into some of Therions' lyrics (more specifically, I googled "Byrghal", "Idher" "Sunna" and "Haghal"), I came across a website with tons of information about Nordic Mythology , Ganglieri, which means, and I quote:

"Gangleri" ("seeker") is the name king Gylfi took when he decided to travel to Asgard to question the Gods as you can read on the index page. As we are all seekers, I found this a fitting name

Among the things I have found interesting, you can check the Nine Worlds in the Nordic Mythology, the Rune Cross of Johannes Bureus, and the Christian Cabala.
The first one obviously talks about the different reigns in Nordic Mythology and I'm still reading the last one, which apparently explains the meaning behind the Cabala and a little of history about it.

On the Runic Cross topic; "Byrghal, Idher and Haghal" are all lyrics part of a Therion Song, "T.O.F, The Trinity" (Thor, Odin and Frey), so that's how I came across with it. There's little or no information at all on the internet, and it's unlikely I can get my hands on a Runic manual on a library around here.
Anyhow. 'Byrghal' apparently has a connection with a gate and it's also related to the 'Hospitality', Sunna means 'sun' in the old german, Idher would be 'Ice' or 'Solidity'; And the Haghal apparnetly means 'balance'.

It'd seem like they're all part of this Runic Cross and by looking into this website, the Fuþork runic system, and I'm only just deducing here without any other previous knowledge, that each one has different meanings, much like talking about Tarot Cards. The difference would be that, Runes act as 'mediator between the divine and human worlds'.

On another note, I also came across this website, the Kabbalah Education & Research Institute, which apparently offers introductionary courses about the Kabbalah