Blood and Thunder is a blog periodically written by Ivan Deluca about his interests and hobbies.

A blog about Games and the internet in general; now with less updates

Thursday, July 15

Posted by Ivan

Trailer of the upcoming "The Last Story"


Image originally taken from Juegoswii.com

Developer: Mistalker co., Ltd
Publisher: Nintendo
Platforms: Nintendo WII
Genre: Role Playing Game
Release Date: 2010. Still unclear folks.

Everyone keeps saying (and with valid reason) that 'The Last Story' may be the very last thing of Hironobu Sakaguchi, known to be the maker if Final Fantasy, and got out of Square after it merged with Enix. He and other designers finally made "Mistwalker" and have been launching titles since then.
Anyhow, Sakaguchi stated on his blog the following (and this is a translation that keeps going around from forum to forum. I don't know where exactly the fuck it's the real deal on the Mistwalker site, and I'm still looking for confirmation).

The energy poured into this project by the development team and I are 120%. I’m hoping you can understand that, however on the other hand, I feel worried and nervous like sending my child on a trip alone. Emotionally it feels like this is my last work, while pouring everything I have gotten into this project. Never regret, but now “I’m enjoying”; furthermore, aiming towards completion.

The engine of the hype is on the trailer released a couple (more than a couple. It's an expression) days ago since Hironobu went to the E3. The battle system looks more than good and lots of gamers look pleased to know that it will be launched this year for the WII. Although, and forgive me, I see a semblance of the Final Fantasy VII battle theme on the trailer though.


Screenshot from the Japanese Trailer

If you missed the link on the image, the trailer can be found here or you're free to find a better one and link me.