Blood and Thunder is a blog periodically written by Ivan Deluca about his interests and hobbies.

A blog about Games and the internet in general; now with less updates

Sunday, October 4

Posted by Ivan

Kanye's interruption is officially a meme

I actually had the idea to write about this at least two weeks ago, after all the board spamming I found on the Encyclopedia Dramatica forums and the chans.

Epic win

Briefly explicating what happened: During Taylor Swift acceptance speech for her award for Best Female Video at the MTV Awards (I'm reserving my comments), Kanye West interrupted her saying that Beyonce Knowles had, and I quote "One of the best videos of all times". If you prefer to get deeper on the matter, there's a lot of (biased) information around the web. A good article can be found at the CNN Entertainment section, or if you prefer, there's a lot of videos on YouTube, like this one.

The interesting part was what happened later on the ED forum and the chans with two rendered images obtained from the VMAs; a huge bombardment of image macros containing Kayne interrupting several situations of all the possible kinds, with the following formula:

Yo X, I'm really happy for you, I'mma let you finish, but Y had one of the best Z of all time. One of the best Z of all time!

X = Object about to get trolled.
Y = Object used in order to troll.
Z = Variable used to compare both objects.
A more grafical version can be found at the complete article at the ED Wiki, Imma Let You Finish.
I don't plan to flood this entry with a lot of images, so I'll leave just some examples below this.

Click here to open / close the image gallery.